Monday, March 19, 2012

CornPickle Soup, Escape from Trenchtown, Convolutions

I don't entirely recall my dreams last night, but here are the bits and pieces reassembled.

I was at a buffet and I started building my plate with a hamburger. It was only a thin McDonald's like patty with ketchup, mayo, a pickle, and a few onion rings on top. I wasn't happy about it, but I took it. As I looked around the buffet I was even more disappointed. It was all gross looking, worse than a truck-stop buffet at 1 a.m. There was a vat of corn, so I grabbed the ladle, and poured a scoop. Corn, corn juice, and a big pickle plopped into my bowl. Yes a big pickle like you buy at a hockey game. I thought, surely this is a mistake. I got another ladle full, and there was a pickle in that one too! I dumped my bowl back in the vat, and went back for a second burger. As I ate the patties, I bit into a piece of gristle. It was baaaad.
(This sounds a lot like my love life. Bad selection, settling, and getting something unexpected)

I was in a crappy apartment and I felt like I was trapped. It was dull, plain, and not well lit. But the bedroom had a large window that looked on the ocean. I was standing there looking out of the window at all the people walking on the beach, so free and happy in the sunlight. I left the apartment, and walked along the beach. Feeling the sand inbetween my toes, looking at all the happy people just chillin'. My friend Murdock came and got me to go back to the apartment. I felt sad looking at how crappy the apartment was that I CHOSE to live in. Then my husband showed up. Things got bad, him being violent, and I told him I was leaving. I went into the living room, leaving him to no doubt destroy my stuff, and talked with Murdock. I went in the room to get my bag, and it was packed and my husband was gone. I asked Murdock about my tv and he said husband had packed it for me. "Really?" I was so ecstatic that he let me keep something valuable of mine. Murdock and I went to the dock and were talking. Then my husband's best friend came up to us. I asked him to leave and he said no. I told him he wasn't wanted. He threateningly said no, husband had sent him to make sure nothing happened between me and Murdock. I just rolled my eyes and left.

I was at the YMCA. All the walls were a tan color made orange by the bad lighting. I was walking around looking for my old friend Mark. The layout was all convoluted and I was pondering what sort of architect was responsible. I came across a room with a small hot tub sized pool with very blue water. and I wanted to take a dip. Then I saw Mark. We started talking and I asked if we could go to his apartment to talk because I didn't want to be there. I was following him up some steps; there were about 10 steps and the rest of the stairway was a slide with a handrail that you had to climb up. Mark easily climbed up and offered me his hand. As I took it I was telling him I had a child. He got this horrified look on his face and let go of my hand. I struggled not to fall down the slide and back to the steps, but I wasn't strong enough. I kept calling for him to come back, but he wouldn't. I wandered the hallways looking for him, but it was no use. I went back to the pool, and looked up the stairs/slide thinking "I could never carry a child up that."

No comments:

Post a Comment