Friday, March 23, 2012

Blush and A Judas Story

Bits and pieces reassembled...

I was in a car with someone and we kept driving around. We drove by a woman unsteadily standing in a doorway of a dark alley downtown. I slowed the car and pulled over, and I saw it was my grandmother. She had a chin-length bob and was wearing make-up. I remembered thinking she was wearing too much blush. I don't remember what was said but it was clear she was looking for customers if you know what I mean. I didn't know what to say and she didn't recognize me, so we drove off. We came back around, and I felt compelled to stop again. I knew she must have just gotten out of the hospital/nursing home, and I was surprised by the whole situation because I don't have any memories of my grandmother speaking coherently. I don't have any memories of her wearing make-up, jewelry, or having her hair done. I've seen pictures of those days, and she was a lovely woman, but time has not been kind. Nor has her husband, but so is life. This time I remember asking her to get in the car. I wanted to save her. I wanted to take her away from this place, from this desperate/incoherent need to sell herself for money. I don't think she realized what she was doing, she was disoriented and didn't know who she was. She wouldn't even look at me, she only looked at the passenger in my car. Everything was dark and a soft spotlight shone on her face. The thick foundation, the excessive blush, her butchered bob that was without shine. I remembered telling her that she was beautiful and I wanted her to come with me. She brightened up when she heard she looked beautiful, and said, "Really?" I told her she really was beautiful and I liked her blush (I said it to flatter her, like you would tell a child playing dress-up when you don't expect them to accomplish a task perfectly but you are surprised by how well they did for their age). She still wouldn't get in the car and couldn't remember why or what she was doing.

I was with a ridiculously good looking middle-aged man. We were on a date. I had just met him but I really liked him. We were in his car, and he was taking me somewhere that was a surprise. We pulled into a large garage that turned out to be the warehouse in the back of a grocery store. I realized it was the store where my ex-husband worked, and I told him, "I can't go inside, and I don't know you well enough to say why." When I turned to look at him, he had changed into a lanky black guy younger than me with a tamed fro. I knew it was the same man from before that I really liked so I didn't treat him any differently. He said something that convinced me to go inside with him. He grabbed my hand as we walked through the store, but I pulled my hoodie over my head, covered my face with my hand, and tried to act casual while scanning every face that passed. I spotted someone I knew, and then everyone was staring and pointing at me. So I ran back to the car. He followed, and we got out of there. As we drove off he turned back in to the middle-aged looker. We were driving down country roads with the top down. I felt the cool breeze on my skin, and it was delightful, almost carefree. Almost. But why were we in the middle of nowhere? I asked him where we were going. He pulled the car over but I didn't feel worried. Then a car pulled up behind us, he morphed back into the young guy. Out of the car jumped my ex-husband his mother and some other people. The guy I liked had tricked me! Judas! He took me to that grocery store on purpose, took me out to the country to hand me over to my pursuer. The one I had hidden from for so long.
This dream reinforces my vow of celibacy. God is telling me that all men have brought me is trouble. I have
learned my lesson. I do get wistful sometimes and need a dream-scare to shake it off. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment